Yes, I am a veteran now LOL! And as a veteran, my most favorite part are the workshops. Yes the parties are fun. Swag is fun. Contests and giveaways are fun. But the most important part are the workshops because without those, I can’t learn and improve this space. So what did I learn?
1. Learn from the mistakes of the early adopters. I might be coming in late on the game but I can at least avoid disastrous mistakes and excel at a more conducive rate.
2. Always have a backup plan. It’s no lie that I get paid for sponsored posts and would love to get paid to write. But if I don’t make it a full time gig, it’s okay. The way it’s going right now can be my backup plan for savings or even helping make ends meet.
3. Don’t hide. Be proud of who you are and what you do. Haters will hate but they can’t control me when I am proud of myself.
4. Don’t dismiss anyone, they could be your future allies (I have to admit this is hard. Especially with some of the more “cliche-ish” bloggers).
5. It’s good to do what scares you. It takes you out of your comfort zone and it’s when we step outside the comfort zone that we grow.
6. Progress instead of perfection. Embrace your mistakes and learn from them.
7. Identify your passions and articulate your topics (has that really been a problem for me? eh, maybe sometimes LOL!).
8. The knowledge and experiences you have to share area a gift to others.
That is what I learned the last few days. And I love it. I want to remember that everyday (even though I will forget).